THE KEY POINTS
The TORK is the survival knife that won the French Army's tender to supply the aircrew of the French Army Light Aviation. (ALAT)
Its name comes from the word "torque" designating in English the torque of the main rotor of a helicopter.
It is equipped with a double built-in guard guaranteeing total protection..
Une arête vive sur le dessus permet l'utilisation de la pierre à feu fournie.
Le dos de la lame est plat pour un bâtonnage optimum .
Ingenious notching incorporating a first tooth to cut the helmet connector.
The rest of the notching is designed for cutting straps or ropes.
A glass breaker located at the bottom of the strike pommel can break a Plexiglas canopy to get out of the helicopter during a crash.
A hole at the back of the handle is provided to add a lanyard (not included).
Grip for instant cutting.
The holster also meets an extensive set of specifications.
It consists of a main body + firesteel + diamond plate + 2 calf straps
- very compact so as to be compatible with all the helicopter cockpits of the fleet (no interference with the flight controls in particular)
- Multi-wearing: MOLLE, calf. Its width and thickness mean it can be positioned on a vest between magazines, although it is essentially meant to be worn on the calf.
- 3 rétentions du couteau dans l'étui: par coincement, pression centrale escamotable et élastique escamotable permettant de plaquer le couteau contre l'étui.
- The calf straps are extensible and the widest one is of the gripping type. They have a strap overlap system to prevent snagging and ensure quick positioning. The comfort of these straps is essential because the operator must be able to run for several kilometres without discomfort or injury.
- A big diamond sharpening plate is located on the back of the holster
- A Swedish (Light My Fire) firesteel is located on the back of the sheath and is used with the notch on the back of the blade. 55 mm of firelighter paracord is tied to the bottom of the holster. (central core of this special paracord made of hemp and also contains a nylon fishing line)